RefWorks for Alumni
Graduates who would like to continue using RefWorks have two options:
- Export your references to another citation manager. Log in to your RefWorks account, go to References and Export; then choose the method you prefer.
- Change to an alumni account. RefWorks allows alumni of institutional members to keep their accounts for their lifetimes. See below for instructions.
For those who do not intend to use RefWorks in the future, do nothing. The information and your ability to access it will disappear when your JHED account expires.
Changing to an Alumni Account
If you are using Legacy RefWorks, migrate your account to the new RefWorks and then follow the steps below.
If you are already using new RefWorks, create an alternate password (if you have not done so already).
- To create an alternate password, log in to RefWorks.
- Go to the upper right corner, and click the arrow next to your name.
- Choose settings, and scroll down to the alternate password field.
- Click on "set alternate password" and choose a password.
- Final step: Change your email address to a non-JHU or a JHU alumni email address, before your JHED and JHU student email account expire.