RSS Feed from the American Socity of International Law publication ASIL Insights
Electronic International Sources
INTERNATIONAL CASES, REVIEWS, ETC:
- LexisNexis Academic, choose International Legal in left menu. Covers Canadian, EU and a few additional nations.
- WestlawNext. Note that it covers European Union only. To search in EU Cases, use the limiters found under the Select Databases section, European Union Library.
- HeinOnline. Provides a little bit of everything - cases, yearbooks and reviews. But the case detail is not very deep.
- Another more basic source is the Electronic Information System for International Law site that is compiled and hosted by the American Society of International Law.
INTERNATIONAL TREATIES, TARIFFS/TRADE AGREEMENTS:
- For information on treaties and trade law, you may use the United Nations International Law page.
- You may also consult the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) Web site. Here you may search for current tariff information as well as view current investigations on infractions (including intellectual property issues, patents and trademark violations). Note that if you want to look up associated patents and trademarks that you can find them in the US Patent and Trademark Office Database (easiest way is by number).
- SAIS Library also has research guides on this topic.
JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS: The Maryland Journal of International Law (MJIL) is the University of Maryland School of Law’s newest journal. It provides a unique forum for scholarly discourse on a wide range of issues of international and comparative law.
Print International Law Sources
A vast majority of our international law publications are at the School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) Library, and can be requested through the catalog. You may opt to browse the catalog for International Law as a subject. You can restrict to Eisenhower Law as a location.