What Is ProQuest Ebook Central?
How It Works
- "Read Online" opens the book
- "Full Download" -- You will be asked to click on "open book"
- "Chapter Download" -- It will say that you must select a loan period first (usually 1 day or 7 days)
- "Add to Bookshelf" -- You can select a folder to put the book in. The folder can be found when you click “bookshelf” in the page’s top right corner
- "Share Link to Book" -- It will give you the link to the page you're on, so that you can copy it
- "Cite Book" -- You can choose to get the citation, in APA, Chicago/Turabian (notes-bibliography), Chicago/Turabian (author-date), Harvard, MLA, or Vancouver style
Middle Column -- "Available for Online Reading" opens the book
- It also tells you how many pages you can copy, download, or print -- of the book's 272 pages you can copy 55 pages (and you haven't copied any yet because there are still "55 (out of 55)"; and you can print or download 109
Right Column -- The information about the book, such as author, title, publisher, date, number of pages, and ISBN
Top Right Corner of the Page
"Search" -- This takes you to a catalog of ProQuest's ebooks (but use library catalog to see ALL of our e-books). This page will give you the same results as the main search box at the top of the page.
"Bookshelf" -- This is your downloads and loans, what you recently viewed, books you’ve annotated, and books you’ve put in folders and saved on your Bookshelf.
This book is now in my bookshelf. The icons on the right show that you can:
- Top row: share link to folder, e-mail the folder, export the folder, cite the folder
- Middle (box with dropdown): sort your bookshelf by title, year, contributor(s), or publisher
- Bottom row -- read the book that’s displayed