How to evaluate information, from social media to scholarly articles.
Types of Articles in Peer Reviewed Publications
You'll find many different types of articles in peer reviewed publications. You might come across:
- Research articles (most common)
- Literature Reviews
- Columns (often opinion pieces)
- Book Reviews
- Brief critical discussion about the merits and weaknesses of a particular book; scholarly books are typically reviewed by other scholars.
- Annotated bibliographies
- A list of citations to books, articles, and documents. Each citation is followed by a brief (usually about 150 words) descriptive and evaluative paragraph, the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited.
- Literary Review
- A brief critical discussion about the merits and weaknesses of a literary work such as a play, novel or a book of poems.