E-Books at JHU
An e-book, also known as an electronic book or digital book, is a book that exists in electronic form, whether it started as a print book or not.
JHU has access to about 1 million e-books, and almost all are in the libraries' catalog.
You can read JHU's e-books on many devices, including
- smart phones
Find E-books in the Catalog
On the library's homepage (library.jhu.edu) is a search box for the JHU libraries' catalog (called "Catalyst").
1. Click inside the box, as shown:
2. When you click inside the box, other things will appear, but just enter your search words.
Start by making them TITLE words, to get better results:
3. You will see two columns. At the top of the page, click the CATALOG tab, so that you're seeing ONLY books and journal titles.
4. Check the box for online items, then click SEARCH:
5. The last step is to REFINE your search to just BOOKS. Click on BOOKS, and the list of E-BOOKS about your topic will appear.