As the Data Services Librarian for Johns Hopkins University I offer the following services:
1. Assistance with locating existing data and statistics for faculty and student research in any subject.
2. Provide instruction on how to use various data resources and tools.
3. Assistance with reading data into a statistical package and troubleshooting input statement problems (please note I do not provide custom programming services).
4. Consultation on restricted-use data acquisition and manage access to the Eisenhower Library Restricted Data Room.
5. Purchase data products (CDs, DVDs) from vendors and recommend data-centric databases for purchase.
6. Serve as the ICPSR Official Representative. I provide a way to communicate with ICPSR (such as needing stat input created), assist with primary data deposit, and answer questions about the ICPSR Summer Program.
As the Sociology Librarian for Johns Hopkins I provide:
1. In-person and email reference services.
2. In-depth, in-person one-on-one research consultations.
3. Collection development for Sociology in our print and electronic collections.
4. Library instruction for undergraduate and graduate classes or work groups needing help with specific Sociology resources and other relevant tools.
I have not published any guides yet - please check back soon!