Access Campus Subscription to The New York Times website
The subscription to the New York Times (nytimes.com) website provides current Hopkins affiliates with personal accounts for customized access from computers, tablets and mobile devices This subscription does not include access to NYT Crossword/Games, Cooking, or e-reader editions (e.g. Kindle Fire, Nook). Patrons can use NYTimes.com anywhere with an internet connection. Once registered, students will have access until graduation and faculty/staff will have 4 years of full account access. Once an account is set up, you may need to revisit this link to refresh an existing account. To create an account follow these steps:
Creating New Account
- Step 1: Navigate to the Library database link
- Step 2: Login to campus network via JHED credential
- Step 3: Click “Create Account” and complete registration fields (Hopkins email ID required)
Existing New York Times ID
- Step 1: For patrons with an existing account, use the Library link, then click the "Already have an account?" "Log in here" link below the "Create Account" button.
- Step 2: Submit the details that you see on the screen to redeem your access
Our access to most newspaper titles will not be the same as accessing the newspaper's online website. If you go directly to the website, you might access a few articles for free, but eventually you will hit a paywall and need to purchase an individual subscription. Instead, we purchase the same content on a different platform. You can see a list of titles and news collections here on our Newspapers page.