Information about Info Security
The full lists of databases with information about various aspects of information security are:
- Computer Science + Security
- Military Science + Strategic Studies
- (Note that Information Technology + Security is the same as Computer Science and Security, just arranged a bit differently)
Tips about specific databases:
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science -- Includes the papers from Eurocrypt, Asiacrypt, and Crypto
- Gartner-- Requires a JHED login even on JHU computers
- TRAC (Terrorist Research and Analysis Consortium) -- Updated in real time
The Diplomat -- A daily news feed and monthly magazine that focuses on news and interest on the Asia Pacific area. (You can sort by YEAR as well as Relevance, but note that it changes back to Relevance with every search. Also note that “cybersecurity” can also be spelled “cyber security,” so please use both.)
For business information, use:
Some of the national and international agreements, frameworks, laws, and information about cybersecurity.
- National Cyber Strategy of the United States of America (September 2018)
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Organization of American States (OAS) Inter-American Cooperation Portal on Cybercrime (choose "National Legislation" (on the right)
- "Sarbanes-Oxley Act" -- This 2002 law passed during the 107th Congress; its real name is "U.S. Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act." Some sections affect IT security policies, especially 301, 302, 404, and 409.
Examples of corporate reports about threats to cybersecurity -- all current as of August 2019.
These reports contain categories of incident, what countries were involved, timelines, statistics about costs, trends, and more.
(They are all free, but require registration.)
- Cisco -- Annual Cybersecurity Report (scroll down and fill out the information)
- Mandiant -- M-Trends 2019
- NopSec -- 2018 State of Vulnerability Risk Management Report
- proofpoint -- Annual Healthcare Cybersecurity Threat Report (free registration)
- Symantec -- Internet Security Threat Report (ISTR)
- verizon -- Data Breach Investigations Report
- wipro -- State of Cybersecurity Report 2019 (free registration)
- Energy Department (DOE) -- Office of Cybersecurity, Energy Security, and Emergency Response
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) -- Cybersecurity for Small Business (includes more U.S. gov resources)
- Health and Human Services Department (DHHS) -- HHS Cybersecurity Program
- Homeland Security -- CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) -- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE); here is the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
- National Security Agency (NSA) -- Cybersecurity
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (HealthIT.gov)