University Writing Program (UWP)
(Formerly Expository Writing.) An introduction to research skills for UWP courses.
- The Elements of Style byCall Number: Eisenhower General Reference PE1408.S772 2000
- A Short Guide to College Writing byCall Number: Eisenhower D-Level Blue Labels PE1408.B4315 2002
Listed below are links to select, excellent university writing centers in the United States. They include guides to all aspects of the writing process, discussions of writing in different disciplines, and help with grammar and punctuation, citing sources, and more.
- Johns Hopkins University Writing CenterCheck out their "Writing Resources" link. For one-on-one assistance, schedule an appointment online with a helpful Writing Center tutor.
- Harvard University Writing CenterThis page includes helpful handouts on all aspects of the writing process.
- Purdue University's Online Writing Lab (OWL)An extensive and helpful site. The "Grammar and Mechanics" section is particularly useful for all your emergency grammar questions.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Writer's HandbookThis online handbook is a useful tool that will help guide you through most of the stages of the research process.
- Dartmouth Writing ProgramDartmouth's "Online Writing Materials" for students, faculty, and tutors are very helpful.
- Online Resources for WritersCHOICE recommended site for all aspects of the writing process. From Amherst College