Protecting Identifiers in Human Subjects Data
Introduction to concepts and basic techniques for disclosure analysis and protection of personal and health identifiers in research data for public or restricted access, following applicable JHU data governance policies. See Overview section for details.
Related literature and links
Johns Hopkins University additional resources
- JHU Data Services:
- Training: In-person: "De-identifying Human Subjects Data for Sharing." A 90-minute workshop covering topics in this guide. View the [current schedule here]. Trainings may also be scheduled for research groups and departments.
- Online modules: Available to JH affiliates through Blackboard: De-identifying Human Subjects Data for Sharing
- Consultation: Guidance on planning for disclosure protection and de-identification and preparations for sharing data.
- JHU IRB
- Johns Hopkins Privacy Office:
- JHM Data Trust Council data sharing and de-identification policies
- Johns Hopkins Research Administration: https://research.jhu.edu/jhura/