Visual Resources Collection
We offer in-class presentations on topics including, but not limited to:
- Introduction to VRC services
- Demonstration of search techniques in Artstor
- Finding and citing images for research projects
- Introduction to cataloging concepts
- How to catalog according to metadata standards such as VRA Core and Dublin Core
- How to use authorities like Getty Vocabularies and the Library of Congress Linked Data Service
In addition, the VRC staff can create teaching tools, such as worksheets, to help students practice their image finding and cataloging skills.
For more information on cataloging, the VRC recommends:
Editing and Organizing Images
Teaching with Images at Homewood
The VRC staff are happy to accompany faculty and students to Homewood classrooms and assist with technology used in presentations. Contact us to make an appointment. Not sure what kind of technology is available in a classroom you'll be using? See the Classroom/Audiovisual Technology Support website for more information.