Visual Resources Collection
Explore resources related to finding and using images for teaching in the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences.
We offer in-class presentations on topics including, but not limited to:
- Introduction to VRC services
- Demonstration of search techniques in Artstor and JSTOR
- Finding and citing images for research projects
- Introduction to cataloging concepts
- How to catalog according to metadata standards such as VRA Core and Dublin Core
- How to use authorities like Getty Vocabularies and the Library of Congress Linked Data Service
In addition, the VRC staff can create teaching tools, such as worksheets, to help students practice their image finding and cataloging skills.
For more information on cataloging, the VRC recommends:
- Cataloging Cultural Objects byCall Number: CC135.C37 2006 QUARTOThis book is a data content standard for the cultural heritage community.
Editing and Organizing Images
We can also help you edit digital images using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom and add metadata using Bridge. Please stop by the VRC or make an appointment for training.