Collections: Special Topics and Strengths
Important areas within Special Collection, with information on library resources and other research resources.
Scope of the Collection
|The Dr. Elliott and Eileen Hinkes Collection of Books of Scientific Discovery
You can browse the whole collection online, in the libraries' catalog.
- Elliott Hinkes was a graduate of Johns Hopkins (A&S 1964, Medicine 1967)
- Practicing oncologist in Los Angeles
- Collected books in the history of science during the last decades of his life
- Took courses in astronomy and physics to inform his collecting.
- Bequeathed his splendid collection (valued at over $2 million) to The Sheridan Libraries at his death in 2009.
- Hopkins Magazine profile of Dr. Elliott Hinkes and his collection.