PRINT BOOKS AND E-BOOKS ARE ALL IN THE LIBRARY CATALOG.
1) Click in the box and the advanced search screen will appear. Put your search word(s) in the TITLE to get the most relevant results.
2) Get even better results by refining your search: choose the format, location, years, and other things that you want.
3) Here is an example of FORMATS and LIBRARY LOCATIONS. Note that PUBLICATION YEAR shows that the books range in date from 1738 to the present, so let's change that.
4) That's better. (After you change the date, always click LIMIT.)
5) Do you want only e-books? Either click on ONLINE under FORMAT, or check the box on the top right.
Progress for the Lacks Family
In August 2013, another chapter was added to the story of Henrietta Lacks and the use of her remarkable cells.
The story was told in The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (2010), by Rebecca Skloot.
- Johns Hopkins announces steps to recognize Ms. Lacks's history and contribution (2011)
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) announces the new agreement (August 2013)
- New York Times story about the agreement (August 2013)