Tips and tricks for using RefWorks to manage citations, create bibliographies, and share citations.
- Email the JHU RefWorks support group
(Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm Eastern)
or (toll free) 800-521-0600 ext 74440
- RefWorks CHAT (Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm Eastern time)
- You must be logged in to this page to use chat
- Scroll down to REFWORKS on the right, and click it (if it says "available").
Chat can be used
What is RefWorks?
NOTE: Legacy (old) RefWorks will go away on June 30, 2023.
Please use this Refworks.
RefWorks is an online citation manager that helps you keep track of citations to books, articles, and other documents.
It can also create properly formatted bibliographies, and insert citations into your documents.
- Refworks is free to all JHU users
- It is web-based, so doesn't need to be downloaded
- It is also available on all public computers in Eisenhower Library
- Information for JHU alumni
- NOTE: If you have started a paper in the Legacy (old) Refworks, you MUST FINISH it in Legacy. You cannot switch to the new Refworks in the middle.
- Download Microsoft Office 365 from JHU by logging into myjh.edu --> TECHNOLOGY --> Office 365:
- START with the bottom left of this page
- RefWorks's own guide about RefWorks , including videos for basic and advanced use
- More information about RefWorks and other citation managers is on this Welch Library guide