Bioethics Information and Places
- Lists bioethics resources, databases, and much more, including databases from the National Information Resource on Ethics and Human Genetics, and International Bioethics Organizations.
- HIPAA is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- This site also includes information about how the rule applies to clinical research, patients, and more
World Health Organization -- Global Health Ethics
This list of selected organizations is almost all U.S.-based, but there are many bioethics associations all over the world.
- Put your search words into the search box at the top
- The APA site includes the current edition (2003) of Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct and drafts of its proposed revision. There are also guidelines on the use of animals in psychological research.
- "whose purpose is to promote the exchange of ideas and foster multi-disciplinary, inter-disciplinary, and inter-professional scholarship, research, teaching, policy development, professional development, and collegiality among people engaged in all of the endeavors related to clinical and academic bioethics and the health-related humanities"
- ASLME publishes "The Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics" and "The American Journal of Law & Medicine." The society began in 1911 as a physicians' group, and gradually added the concepts of law and ethics to its name as the mission evolved. Currently, the group's main research areas are public health, health disparities, patient safety, and biomedical science.
Genetics & Public Policy Center -- This center was a three-year project funded by Pew Charitable Trust, based at Johns Hopkins.
- This archived site contains information about the research and analysis that was done for the purpose of helping "policy leaders, decision makers, and the public better understand and respond to...advances in genetics and their application to human health and well-being."
The Hastings Center -- This Center is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit bioethics research institute founded in 1969.
- Look at this page for briefings about selected topics
- This group "facilitat[es] communication among scientists, policymakers, journal editors and the public about international scientific collaboration in the area of stem cell research"
- The site includes the text of international policies concerning stem cell research
- The group was begun in 2004 by members of the JHU Berman Bioethics Institute
Kennedy Institute of Ethics (Georgetown University) -- Established in 1971, the Institute publishes the Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal, and is the world's oldest and most comprehensive academic center for bioethics.
- The Institute's library lists bioethics resources, databases, and much more, including the full text of government reports and other materials in the field.
PRIM&R (Public Responsibility in Medicine & Research -- An organization of professionals such as researchers, government representatives, ethicists, policy makers, pharmaceutical and biotechnology personnel, academics, and attorneys working in research ethics, human subject protections, and other areas of medicine and research.