Computer Science and Information Security
Information about Info Security
The full lists of databases with information about various aspects of information security are:
Tips about specific databases:
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science -- Includes the papers from Eurocrypt, Asiacrypt, and Crypto.
Search each of these separately in the library catalog.
- TRAC (Terrorist Research and Analysis Consortium) -- Updated in real time
The Diplomat -- A daily news feed and monthly magazine that focuses on news and interest on the Asia Pacific area. (You can sort by YEAR as well as Relevance, but NOTE: it changes back to Relevance with every search. Also: “cybersecurity” can also be spelled “cyber security,” so use both, with OR.)
Law and Policy
- CQ Researcher (Congressional Quarterly) has topics you can browse. Under Defense and National Security --> Technology are fairly recent reports on Cybersecurity and on Privacy
- For more information about law or policy, contact my colleague Yunshan Ye (firstname.lastname@example.org), who is extremely nice
Some of the national and international agreements, frameworks, laws, and information about cybersecurity.
- Department of Information Technology
-- This page includes information about the state's offices and cyber organization
- Joint Committee on Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Biotechnology
- Open Maryland (a business-related site) -- Scroll down to "IT and Cybersecurity Quick Links"
- National Conference of State Legislatures, Cybersecurity Legislation 2020
- National Cyber Strategy of the United States of America (September 2018)
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Organization of American States (OAS) Inter-American Cooperation Portal on Cybercrime (choose "National Legislation" (on the right)
- "Sarbanes-Oxley Act" -- This 2002 law passed during the 107th Congress; its real name is "U.S. Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act." Some sections affect IT security policies, especially 301, 302, 404, and 409.
Examples of corporate reports about threats to cybersecurity -- all current as of August 2020.
These reports contain categories of incident, what countries were involved, timelines, statistics about costs, trends, and more.
(They are all free, but require registration.)
- Accenture -- Innovate for Cyber Resilience
- Cisco -- Annual Cybersecurity Report (scroll down and fill out the information)
- ESET -- Cybersecurity Trends 2020
- Mandiant -- M-Trends 2020
- verizon -- 2020 Data Breach Investigations Report
- Verodin (Fireeye) -- Cybersecurity Trends 2020
- wipro -- State of Cybersecurity Report 2019
Also, here is the 2019/2020 Official Annual Cybersecurity Jobs Report.
- Energy Department (DOE) -- Office of Cybersecurity, Energy Security, and Emergency Response
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) -- Cybersecurity for Small Business (includes more U.S. gov resources)
- Health and Human Services Department (DHHS) -- HHS Cybersecurity Program
- Homeland Security -- CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) -- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE); here is the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
- National Security Agency (NSA) -- Cybersecurity
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (HealthIT.gov)