Computer Science and Information Security
Technical, business-related, and global information about computer science and information security.
Eisenhower Library, C Level, Office #C30
Medical Device Security (featured article)
Information about Info Security
The full lists of databases with information about various aspects of information security are:
Tips about specific databases or series:
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science -- This series includes the papers from Eurocrypt, Asiacrypt, and Crypto.
You can search each volume separately in the library catalog, or search Google Scholar for the paper and then use FINDIT.
- TRAC (Terrorist Research and Analysis Consortium) -- Updated in real time (always notice the dates on the right side)
The Diplomat -- A daily news feed and monthly magazine that focuses on news and interest on the Asia Pacific area. (You can sort by YEAR as well as Relevance, but NOTE: it changes back to Relevance with every search. Also: “cybersecurity” can also be spelled “cyber security,” so use both, with OR.)
- ABI/INFORM -- Business news and information
- Gartner -- Reports and information about technology and communications industries
- For marketing reports and other business information, use the databases in the Business list
Some of the national and international agreements, frameworks, laws, and information about cybersecurity.
- Department of Information Technology
-- This page includes information about the state's offices and cyber organization
- Joint Committee on Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Biotechnology
- Open Maryland (a business-related site) -- Scroll down to "IT and Cybersecurity Quick Links"
- National Conference of State Legislatures, Cybersecurity Legislation 2022
- National Cybersecurity Strategy (Department of Energy, September 2018)
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Organization of American States (OAS) Inter-American Cooperation Portal on Cybercrime
- "Sarbanes-Oxley Act" -- This 2002 law passed during the 107th Congress; its real name is "U.S. Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act." Some sections affect IT security policies, especially 301, 302, 404, and 409.
- Council of Europe -- Convention on Cybercrime (“Budapest Convention”)
Examples of corporate reports about threats to cybersecurity -- current as of March 2022
These reports contain categories of incident, what countries were involved, timelines, statistics about costs, trends, and more.
(They are free, but most require registration.)
- Accenture -- Cyber Threat Intelligence Report, February 2022 ; State of Cybersecurity Resilience 2021
- Cisco -- Defending Against Critical Threats, March 2022 ; Security Outcomes Study 2021
- ESET -- Cybersecurity Trends 2021
- Fortinet -- Key Findings from the 2H 2022 FortiGuard Labs Threat Report (free registration here)
- IBM -- Cost of a Data Breach 2022 Report ; Cost of a Data Breach Report 2021
- Mandiant -- M-Trends 2022 ; M-Trends 2021
- Trellix -- Fall Threat Report 2022
(Note: In October 2021, McAfee and Fireeye merged, and the new company name is Trellix)
- verizon -- 2022 Data Breach Investigations Report Public Sector Snapshot ; 2021 Data Breach Investigations Report
- Information Security Analysts - Occupational Outlook Handbook, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Energy Department (DOE) -- Office of Cybersecurity, Energy Security, and Emergency Response
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) -- Cybersecurity for Small Businesses (includes more U.S. gov resources)
- Health and Human Services Department (DHHS) -- HHS Cybersecurity Program
- Homeland Security -- CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) -- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE); here is the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
- National Security Agency (NSA) -- Cybersecurity
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (HealthIT.gov)
Begin by looking at the Standards pages of the Engineering guide.
You can search everybody's standards on the IHS store.
- You can sort by "Best match" or several other ways; to sort by most recent first, use "Publication date, descending"
- Click "quick view" to see the abstract
For Capstone help, please see this page on this guide (bottom left, under COURSES).
For language Help
- English as a Second Language classes -- Center for Language Education (Krieger)
For Writing Help
- Make an appointment with the Writing Center and/or ESL Consultations (Center for Learning Education [CLE; Whiting])
- Remember that these places will *not* proofread your work