Computer Science and Information Security
Technical, business-related, and global information about computer science and information security.
Some Special Book Collections
The MICCAI (Medical Image Computing and ComputerAssisted Intervention) Society's conferences are published ONLINE by Springer.
The famous lectures by Richard Feynman are available online.
- They can be read for free, but not downoaded
Start with Background Information
Get an overview of your topic by searching handbooks, textbooks, and review articles.
Handbooks and Manuals (online):
- These books have the words "computer" and either "handbook" or "manual" in the title, and were published 2017+
- O'Reilly for Higher Education (formerly called "Safari"; has "instruction and reference materials on computer programming, technology, and business transformation, including books, videos, case studies, interactive tutorials, audio books, and structured learning paths.
Our subscription also provides access through the O'Reilly app available in the Apple App Store and Google Play. Login to the app using your JHED-based email address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AccessEngineering -- Search across engineering reference books in all areas of engineering at the same time, including Marks’ Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers, Perry’s Chemical Engineers Handbook, Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers, and many more
Synthesis Collection of Technology -- Use these short ebooks to get an overview of subjects you need to learn about
Review Articles -- These are overviews of a topic, including its history and state of the art. They are longer than most articles, and have lots of references.
- Comp Sci and Engineering -- Do a search in Compendex, and add the word "review" to the article TITLE
- Medicine and related topics -- Do a search in PubMed, and choose "review article" (under "Article Type," on the left)
- Annual Reviews -- This database has ALL review articles, including information technology