What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is an online citation manager that helps you keep track of citations to books, articles and other documents. It is free to all JHU users, web-based, and requires no special download.
Using RefWorks, you can also create properly formatted bibliographies, and import citations from databases and the JHU Libraries Catalog.
There are many ways to access your RefWorks account:
- The RefWorks links and logo (at left) in this guide.
- My.jhu.edu - look for the RefWorks link under the Library tab.
- The JHU Libraries Catalog. Use the 'Export to RefWorks' link you see when viewing a single record or a list of selected records. It will take you to a login screen.
- From many databases, once you've searched and marked desired records, you'll find an "export" option.
RefWorks Access for Alumni
I will be leaving Hopkins shortly. What will happen to my RefWorks account?
Your access to Refworks will remain in place as long as you are in JHED. Once you have been removed from the Hopkins JHED Directory, your access to RefWorks will expire. If you are an alumni and would like to continue to use RefWorks you can create a “new” RefWorks account under the Alumni Program. To create a new RefWorks account under the Alumni Program, do the following:
- Navigate to http://www.refworks.com/refworks2
- On the left you will see: Sign Up for a New Account. Click there.
- Select: I have a Group Code tab and enter the following rwalumni.
- The following should appear: Create an account at the RefWorks Alumni Site.
- Complete the required information.
- Click the Create button when finished. You will be brought into your new, empty RefWorks account