Using R and Python
This libguide covers resources for learning and using R and Python.
Official Python documentation
Resources for Learning Python
- Coursera has many Python courses, including the top-rated Python for Everybody
- Coursera by JHU also offers a variety of online courses, including Python for Genomic Data Science
- LinkedIn Learning: JHED users have access to thousands of LinkedIn Learning courses. Log in through my.jh.edu / Education.
Online Tutorials and Articles - General
- Towards Data Science: articles and tutorials on programming topics from beginner to expert
- RealPython.com: online tutorials on Python topics
Online Tutorials for Humanities
- Programming Historian has coding tutorials in Python and other software designed for Humanities scholars
- See this list and reviews of the top print books for learning Python, including Think Python, Fluent Python, Effective Python: 59 Ways to Write Better Python, and Python Cookbook.
- More resources are available on the JHU libraries website and through the Sheridan Libraries online catalogue
Make your Python Code Reproducible
These resources can help make your Python code easier to read, write, document, visualize and share
Libraries to help document code for reproducibility
- Recipy: Python library to record provenance of your code
- Sumatra: tool for managing and tracking code and simulations
- reproducible: Python library designed for reproducible research
Tips for writing reproducible code
- Software Carpentry: Creating a Reproducible Workflow
- Guide on organizing code to make it reproducible
- Article on Making Your Python Project Reproducible