Film and Media Studies
Explore research tools in the fields of film, artistic media, and cinema
Magazines & Trade Journals
- Explore these resources for popular magazines and trade journals related to the film and entertainment industry.
- Press Reader: Entertainment & TVAn excellent source for the full issues of thousands of top magazines and newspapers, just as they appear in print. Explore this subset of Press Reader focused on film, television, and entertainment.
- VarietyA key magazine for entertainment news, film reviews, awards, film festivals, box office, entertainment industry conferences. Partial coverage included in Press Reader, above.
- Hollywood ReporterAn important magazine that focuses on the Hollywood film, television, and entertainment industries. Partial coverage included in Press Reader, above.
- Box Office / Box Office ProA film industry magazine dedicated to the movie theatre business.
- Motion Picture Industry Journals at MSELExplore this complete list of library subscriptions to magazines and journals in the field.
- Below are some of the more important newspapers related to the film and television industry; please also explore the complete list of newspapers available to you, as well.
- New York Times Digital EditionThis subscription to the New York Times Digital Edition (nytimes.com) provides current Hopkins affiliates with personal accounts for customized access from computers, tablets and mobile devices. After registering, you can access the New York Times Digital Edition directly at nytimes.com from anywhere with an internet connection. You may need to return to this page occasionally to refresh your subscription.
Search for Articles
- To explore current research about the film and entertainment industry, search in these indexes to key journals in film, business, and related fields.
- Film & Television Literature IndexThe first place to go for scholarly articles in the film, television, and entertainment fields.
- Academic Search UltimateExplore this scholarly index for journal articles in nearly every academic field of study.
- ProQuest Research LibraryA broad and inclusive general reference database that includes a highly-respected, diversified mix of scholarly journals, trade publications and magazines covering over 150 academic disciplines.
- ABI/INFORM CollectionCentral index to business periodicals covering business and economic conditions, management techniques, theory, and practice of business, advertising, marketing, economics, human resources, finance, taxation, computers, and more.
- Business Source UltimateAn important article database for scholarly, popular and trade publications in business, real estate and related topics complements the ABI/INFORM Collection (above) in coverage and format. Provides exclusive, full image access to Harvard Business Review magazine and other publications.
- JSTORSearch this archive of full-text scholarly journals spanning a number of disciplines.
- Streaming FilmsWatch important films in streaming format using the resources below.