Explore research options for Jewish history, Hebrew and Yiddish literature, Jewish philosophy and religion
- In 2006, the Sheridan Libraries acquired the library of Dr. Mordkhe Schaechter and his wife, Charne Schechter.
- The collection includes over 9,000 Yiddish books and periodical volumes.
- The Sheridan Libraries is now one of the leading research collections for the study of Yiddish language and culture in North America.
- Although the strength of the library is in linguistics and literature, every aspect of Yiddish publishing, from music to botany, is represented.
- Most of the books were published in Eastern Europe before the Second World War.
- The collection also includes a notable selection of Holocaust memorial books.
Here is a link to a list of books in the Schaechter Collection.