Science Writing Guides and Handbooks
In addition to the titles below, you can find books in Catalyst using these subject headings:
Authorship — Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Biology — Authorship.
Chemistry — Authorship.
Journalism — Authorship — Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Life sciences — Authorship.
Medical writing — Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Physical sciences — Authorship.
Technical writing — Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Government Publications and Primary Sources
- Official Web site for the government. Organized in subject categories.
- Legislative information from the Library of Congress. Bill summaries, floor activity, committee reports, treaties…
- Law libguide.
Primary sources & archives
- Do a Google search, using the word archive* plus a name or topic, to locate the repository for a particular archive. Some special collections have been digitized, like the Einstein Archives.
- Archives Grid can help you locate archival collections worldwide. Search for personal papers and historical records.
- Track down a quote to see how it’s been treated in the literature, how it’s been quoted and misquoted. E.g., "God does not play dice."
- Find links between ideas, people, places that are not usually associated. E.g., quantum physics and art.