Start with Background Information
Get an overview of your topic by searching engineering or chemistry textbooks:
- AccessEngineering -- Search across engineering reference books in all areas of engineering at the same time, including Marks’ Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers, Perry’s Chemical Engineers Handbook, Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers, and many more
- CHEMnetBASE -- Search each of these chemical handbooks individually, including CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, and Dictionary of Organic Compounds
- CRCnetBASE -- This database is no longer separate. You should search for your keywords in the search box.
Synthesis Digital Library of Engineering and Computer Science -- Use these short eBooks to get an overview of subjects you need to learn about
Finding Books and E-books
Google Scholar -- Important Tips
Be aware of these problems with Google Scholar.
1) If the article title does not lead you to full text, click on "FIND IT"
2) If you don't see "Find IT" next to the citation, click on "More," which is *below* the citation. It will turn into "FIND IT."
3) You will also see Google BOOKS. However, copyright law prevents them from showing you the whole book. Search the library catalog for the book you want, because if we have it, you can see 100% of it.