Explore engineering articles, patents, standards, and other information.
Standards from the Library
- Eisenhower Library does have a few print standards, including some from ISO
The IEEE database, called "IEEE Xplore," contains the full text of IEEE journal articles, conference proceedings, and *published* standards from 1988 to the present.
- This database includes *some* ANSI, IEC, IEC/IEEE, and ISO/IEEE standards
We do not have access to the following IEEE standards:
- Draft and unpublished standards -- they are listed, but the full text is not included
- Arc Flash standards
- Smart Grid Vision Documents (located in the Standards section but not really Standards)
- If a license comes up, you may "agree"
- Make sure to notice whether the standard is "active," rather than "historical" or "withdrawn"
- Note from ASTM rep about ISO standards:
"A European adopted ISO standard is an ISO standard that has been adopted in full by the European Union, specifically the European Commission. Once this adoption takes place, the ISO is now an EN ISO and the two documents are identical in every way, with the addition of a National (e.g., AENOR) foreword/cover page."