Explore engineering articles, patents, standards, and other information.
Some Special Book Collections
The MICCAI (Medical Image Computing and ComputerAssisted Intervention) Society's conferences are published ONLINE by Springer.
The famous lectures by Richard Feynman are available online.
- They can be read for free, but not downoaded
Start with Background Information
Get an overview of your topic by searching textbooks and review articles.
- AccessEngineering -- Search across engineering reference books in all areas of engineering at the same time, including Marks’ Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers, Perry’s Chemical Engineers Handbook, Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers, and many more
-- It will tell you if the item mentions equations, or any standard or code
-- Your results may include videos, spreadsheets that you can fill values into, or other things:
- Synthesis Collection of Technology -- Use these short ebooks to get an overview of subjects you need to learn about
- Library Catalog -- ALL of our print and ebooks.
-- Note: Books with links that look like this are only accessible by APL (Applied Physics Lab):
Review Articles -- These are overviews of a topic, including its history and state of the art. They are longer than most articles, and have lots of references.
- Engineering -- Do a search in Compendex, and add the word "review" to the article TITLE
- Medicine and related topics -- Do a search in PubMed, and choose "review article" (top left, under "Publication Types")
- All topics: Annual Reviews
- Other databases -- Look to see if there are options for "document type" that include "review," or put the word "review" in the title
- Engineering: Education -- These are core concepts in areas of Engineering, including Biomedical
- Engineering: Research -- These are narrower topics, in all areas of Engineering
- AccessEngineering has some videos (see image above)