French Language and Literature
Your best place to start is JHU's French Language + Literature Databases. Particularly useful for general literary research in French are:
Find scholarly articles easily. It's not everything out there, but it's a lot.
Set your Scholar Preferences for JHU, to be connected to online articles.
|Encyclopedias of French literature|
- Dictionnaire des littératures de langue française. PQ4 1. B4 1984
- Dictionnaire des oeuvres de langue française. PQ 41 .B42 1994
- Dictionnaire des lettres françaises. PQ 41 .D53
- Guide to French literature, 1789 to the present. PQ 41 .L48 1992
- The new Oxford companion to literature in French. PQ 41 .N49 1995
- Columbia Dictionary of Modern European Literature Scroll down the page to "French Literature" link. Also entries for individual writers.
- A history of French literature from chanson de geste to cinema General Reference PQ103.C67 2002
These are good collections to cross search.
Books on D-level
The main French Language and Literature collections are found on D-level at MSEL under the following call numbers:
PH (Compact shelving): Books on French language and literature, cataloged before 7/96.
PC 2001-3761 (Blue Label Section): Books on French language cataloged after 7/96.
PQ 1-3999 (Blue Label Section): Books on French literature cataloged after 7/96.