French Language and Literature
Your best place to start is JHU's French Language + Literature Databases. Particularly useful for general literary research in French are:
Find scholarly articles easily. It's not everything out there, but it's a lot.
Set your Scholar Preferences for JHU, to be connected to online articles.
|Encyclopedias of French literature|
- Dictionnaire des littératures de langue française.
- Dictionnaire des oeuvres littéraires de langue française
- Dictionnaire des lettres françaises.
- The new Oxford companion to literature in French
- A history of French literature from chanson de geste to cinema.
- Cambridge Introduction to French Literature.
- Cambridge History of French Literature.
These are good collections to cross search.
Books on D-level
The main French Language and Literature collections are found on D-level at MSEL under the following call numbers:
PH (Compact shelving): Books on French language and literature, cataloged before 7/96.
PC 2001-3761 (Blue Label Section): Books on French language cataloged after 7/96.
PQ 1-3999 (Blue Label Section): Books on French literature cataloged after 7/96.