AccessMedicine is a database of respected medical textbooks.
- Your search will give you a list of book chapters about your topic.
The other "Access" databases are listed on the "Databases by Topic" list for Medicine, Nursing, and Other Fields.
For more books about specific topics, search the library catalog.
- Handbook of Food Fortification and Health -- From concepts to public health applications, Volume 1 and Volume 2 (both 2013)
- Handbook of Growth and Growth Monitoring in Health and Disease (2012)
- Handbook of Musculoskeletal Pain and Disability Disorders in the Workplace (2014)
- International Handbook of Adolescent Pregnancy -- medical, psychosocial, and public health responses (2014)
- Routledge Handbook of Global Health Security (2015)
- Oxford Handbooks about related topics, such as global health, public health ethics, and stress and mental health
CQ Researcher Plus Archive (database)
Reports on social and political issues, such as health, the environment, and social movements and disabilities
There are 44 new reports published each year, with full coverage of each subtopic
Includes "issue trackers," "hot topics," "pro/con," and ways to find related information
Encyclopedias (all online)
- December 9, 2022 -- Insys Therapeutics and Fentanyl
- October 14, 2022 -- Role of retail pharmacies
Latest article from the JHU Hub (October 14, 2022)
This article from the JHU Hub (March 24, 2021) has information about the Opioid Industry Document Archive and the Truth Tobacco Industry Documents archive.
Opioid Industry Document Archive -- Contains "emails, memos, presentations, sales reports, budgets, audit reports, Drug Enforcement Administration briefings, meeting agendas and minutes, expert witness reports, and depositions of drug company executives." (Joint project of University of California, San Francisco and Johns Hopkins)
"The archive currently contains 3,300 documents in six collections:"
- Washington Post Opioid Collection
- KHN OxyContin Collection
- Oklahoma Opioid Litigation Documents
- Kentucky Opioid Litigation Documents
- National Prescription Opiate Litigation Documents
- Insys Litigation Documents
Truth Tobacco Industry Documents archive -- "An archive of 14 million documents created by tobacco companies about their advertising, manufacturing, marketing, scientific research and political activities." (University of California, San Francisco Library)