Articles, books, statistics, how to cite references, and more information about the multidisciplinary field of public health.
For more books about specific topics, search the library catalog.
Handbooks (most online)
- Handbook of Food Fortification and Health -- From concepts to public health applications, Volume 1 and Volume 2 (both 2013)
- Handbook of Growth and Growth Monitoring in Health and Disease (2012)
- Handbook of Musculoskeletal Pain and Disability Disorders in the Workplace (2014)
- International Handbook of Adolescent Pregnancy -- medical, psychosocial, and public health responses (2014)
- Routledge Handbook of Global Health Security (2015)
Encyclopedias (all online)
These encyclopedias are good sources of information about aspects of family life worldwide.
- Presents the social and cultural history of childhood from antiquity to the present
- Articles on education, parenting, child labor, economics, children's literature, play, toys and games, health, law, and social welfare
- Comparative articles include information about childhood in cultures throughout the world
- Articles about a wide range of nutrition-related topics including food safety, weight management, vitamins, bioengineering of foods, plant-based diets, raw foods, organic food, biofortification, nutritional labeling, the effect of religious customs on diet, and many more
- Traces the migration and asylum of immigrants from 1900 to the present
- Examines the history, domestic politics, and foreign policy involved
- An international, cross-cultural approach to topics including adolescent parenthood, family planning, cohabitation, widowhood, domestic violence, and commuter marriages
- Includes articles specific to countries and religious traditions