Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Resources for the Chemical Sciences and Technology
Register For your own SciFinder account
You can create ONE account with your Johns Hopkins email address.
A "jhu.edu", "jhmi.edu" or "jhsph.edu" email address; AND a jhu, jhmi, or jhsph ip-address are required for access and registration.
Please register carefully.
From the link below you can create your own SciFinder web account.
- SciFinder REGISTRATION LinkFrom this link you can create your own SciFinder web account. You can only create one account, and it requires a "jhu.edu" or "jhmi.edu" email address; and jhu or jhmi ip address or proxy. Please register carefully.
RefWorks and SciFInder
How to Move Citations from SciFinder Databases into RefWorks
- Click in the box to the left of desired citations.
- Click Export (located on the navigation bar)
- Select Tagged Format (*.txt).
- Click Export (sample .txt file)
- Login to your RefWorks database if you have not already done so.
- Click References and Import at the top of the screen.
- Select CAS SciFinder from the Import Filter/Data Source drop-down menu.
- Select Multiple Databases from the Database drop-down menu.
- At the Import Data from the following Text File box click Browse to select the file name of your saved records.
- Click Import.
- Your citation(s) will automatically be imported into the Last Imported Folder.
- You may view the records or move them to the folder of your choice.