How to find engineering articles, patents, standards, and other information.
|Patent||Protects an invention|
|Copyright||Protects an original artistic or literary work|
|Trademark||A "word, phrase, symbol or design...that identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods of one party from those of others"|
Patent searching requires patience -- give yourself time.
Patents on the Web
- Google Patents -- After you do a search, use the fields in the left column to narrow your search
- PAT2PDF -- Enter a patent number to find and dowlnoad patents from the USPTO
- Espacenet -- Free worldwide patent search engine from the European Patent Office. Patents from over 90 countries, from 1836 to the present
- Japan Platform for Patent Information (in English)
- PatentScope -- From the World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO)
- United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office
- FreshPatents -- Find the latest U.S. PTO published applications before they are granted or denied