Information about Info Security
The full lists of databases with information about various aspects of information security are:
Tips about specific databases or series:
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science -- This series includes the papers from Eurocrypt, Asiacrypt, and Crypto.
You can search each volume separately in the library catalog, or search Google Scholar for the paper and then use FINDIT.
- TRAC (Terrorist Research and Analysis Consortium) -- Updated in real time (always notice the dates on the right side)
The Diplomat -- A daily news feed and monthly magazine that focuses on news and interest on the Asia Pacific area. (You can sort by YEAR as well as Relevance, but NOTE: it changes back to Relevance with every search. Also: “cybersecurity” can also be spelled “cyber security,” so use both, with OR.)
Some of the national and international agreements, frameworks, laws, and information about cybersecurity.
- Department of Information Technology
-- This page includes information about the state's offices and cyber organization
- Joint Committee on Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Biotechnology
- Open Maryland (a business-related site) -- Scroll down to "IT and Cybersecurity Quick Links"
- National Conference of State Legislatures, Cybersecurity Legislation 2022
- National Cybersecurity Strategy (Department of Energy, September 2018)
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Organization of American States (OAS) Inter-American Cooperation Portal on Cybercrime
- "Sarbanes-Oxley Act" -- This 2002 law passed during the 107th Congress; its real name is "U.S. Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act." Some sections affect IT security policies, especially 301, 302, 404, and 409.
- Council of Europe -- Convention on Cybercrime (“Budapest Convention”)
Examples of corporate reports about threats to cybersecurity -- current as of September 2023
These reports are free, but most require registration (because they will sell your information).
- Accenture -- State of Cybersecurity Resilience 2023 ; Cyber Threat Intelligence Report, February 2022
- Cisco -- Cisco Cybersecurity Readiness Index: Resilience in a Hybrid World (March 2023)
- ESET -- Cybersecurity Trends 2023: Securing our Hybrid Lives (December 2022)
- Fortinet -- 1H 2023 Global Threat Landscape Report
- IBM -- Cost of a Data Breach Report 2023
- Mandiant -- M-Trends 2023
- Trellix -- The Cyberthreat Report June 2023
(Note: In October 2021, McAfee and Fireeye merged, and the new company name is Trellix)
- verizon -- 2023 Data Breach Investigations Report
- Information Security Analysts - Occupational Outlook Handbook, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Energy Department (DOE) -- Office of Cybersecurity, Energy Security, and Emergency Response
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) -- Cybersecurity for Small Businesses (includes more U.S. gov resources)
- Health and Human Services Department (DHHS) -- HHS Cybersecurity Program
- Homeland Security -- CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) -- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE); here is the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
- National Security Agency (NSA) -- Cybersecurity
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (HealthIT.gov)