Statistics -- Where to Look
Our libraries' research guides have several pages with sources for statistics:
- Classifications (this guide) -- These are medical coding systems such as CPT.
- Health statistics/info sources (Business guide)
- Health-related statistics for the United States (Public Health guide)
- Health-related statistics for the world (Public Health guide)
- Statistics for health (Data and Statistics guide)
Definitions (from MeSH):
Incidence: "The number of new cases of a given disease during a given period in a specified population. It also is used for the rate at which new events occur in a defined population."
Prevalence: "The total number of cases [new and old] of a given disease in a specified population at a designated time."