Italian Language and Literature
Resources, in all formats, for the study of Italian literature and language
How to Find Almost Anything
Can't Find It In WorldCat?
The following may help identify older material, verify or correct a citation, and locate obscure material.
- Guide to Primary Literaturedetails resources (print and online) for finding works from all periods of Italian literature
- Guide to Secondary Literaturedetails resources (print and online) for finding critical studies of Italian literature
- NUC Catalog pre-1956 ImprintsIndexes books printed before 1956. Includes books printed in Europe and Latin America. Includes books missing from WorldCat!
- British Library Online CatalogueIndexes books before 1955. Also available in print: A level Reference Z921.B86 1959 QUARTO
- Use a printed bibliography (book)Do a Basic Subject search in the catalog on an author's last name and the word "bibliography", to locate them in the library.
- Digital ScriptoriumImage database of medieval and renaissance manuscripts
- CLIO : Catalogo dei Libri Italiani dell Ottocento (1801-1900)19 volumes. An inventory of books printed in Italy in the 19th century. 6 volumes alphabetical by Author, 6 volumes alphabetical by Publisher, 6 volumes alphabetical by Place of Publication, 1 volume Index.
- CUBI: catalogo cumulativo, 1886-1957 del Bollettino delle pubblicazioni italiane ricevute per diritto di stampa dalla Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze41-volumes. Alphabetical by author. Includes Indice dei soggetti, useful for seeing what books were published in various subjects.