Biomedical Engineering and Design
Cells and Molecules
The NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information, at the National Institutes of Health) has many databases related to human health, genes, genomes, proteins, and more (scroll down to NCBI Databases).
Look below for links to some well-known catalogs of genes and disorders.
Encyclopedia of Life Sciences -- Peer-reviewed encyclopedia articles to give you an overview of your topic
NOTE: The information has probably not been updated since 2014.
- Use the search box in the middle of the page
- If you get too many hits, add more words
- If you see old results, change the sort to DATE to get the newest on top
Medlineplus.gov -- The National Library of Medicine's database with information for consumers
AccessMedicine -- Searchable medical textbooks in all fields
Colloquium Digital Library of Life Sciences (advanced search) -- Short e-books about specific topics in life sciences, including cell and tissue engineering
- Put your search words in the TITLE, to get better results
Videos and Images
- Bassett Collection of Stereoscopic Images of Human Anatomy
- Image Gallery Gateway (DOE; U.S. Department of Energy) -- Includes images of the Genomic Science Program and the Human Genome Project)
- Gray's Anatomy Online -- Includes a lot of explanation
- Hardin MD - Medical Pictures/Disease Pictures
- Microbe Library (ASM; American Society of Microbiology)