Resources for studying business, management, economic, social, geographic, and political topics involving countries throughout the world.
Doing Business in. . .
- Trade.gov. This U.S. Department of Commerce website includes a collection of Country Commercial guides, trade statistics, how-to guides for conducting business global, and much more.
- DoingBusiness.org provides some free information online and can direct you to a list of publications for your country that focus on regulations.
- World Bank E-Library. View the "Doing Business" series of annual reports in this licensed database.
- EIU Country ReportThis resource also accessible through the link for Economist Intelligence Unit. Reports cover nearly 200 countries and monitor how national, regional and global events will affect business in the short-to medium term. Each report examines issues shaping the countries: politics, policy and regulations, risk, domestic economy, business environment, industry, and foreign trade and payments. Detailed two-year forecasts complement the analysis and pinpoint political and economic developments and trends. Links to other EIU content from Country Commerce and Country Data.
- Passport GMID (Euromonitor)Euromonitor's international market intelligence on industries, countries and consumers.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica OnlineSince the Encyclopædia Britannica's founding in 1768, Britannica editors have gathered and organized information on thousands of topics.
- CIA World FactbookThe free resource from the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 266 world entities.
- Global EdgeIn addition to more targeted information, Global Edge, sponsored by the University of Michigan, provides in-depth country overviews that include brief essays on government, culture, history, and other areas of interest.