Resources for studying business, management, economic, social, geographic, and political topics involving countries throughout the world.
Economic Theory and Practice
These Texts, published by North-Holland, cover 33 different areas of economic theory and practice in textbook fashion. By following the above link, you will be taken to the series' home page, where you will find a link to the International Economics Handbook.
Economics and Trade Pages
Follow these links for more in-depth information:
Data Sources & Multi-Purpose Databases
U.S. Government Resources
- Department of CommerceLinks to market guides by country, industry information, trade statistics.
- ITA Export Solutions (formerly Export.gov)Free registration provides access to market reports, distributors, contacts, trade show details, news, and other country-specific and industry information.
- Survey of Current BusinessFull-text monthly periodical contains current and historical economic indicators, gross domestic product (GDP), income, consumer price index, production.
- U.S. Bureau of Industry and SecurityThis bureau of the U.S. Department of Commerce is responsible for implementing and enforcing the Export Administration Regulations, which regulate the export and re-export of most commercial items.
- U.S. Small Business Administration's Office of International TradeThe mission of this office is to enhance the ability of small businesses to compete in the global marketplace; facilitate access to capital to support international trade; ensure that the interests of small business are considered and reflected in trade negotiations; and support and contribute to the U.S. Government's international agenda
- Statistical Abstract of the United StatesBasic source for a wide variety of statistics and data from the U.S. Census Bureau and other federal agencies and private organizations. Contains statistics on social and economic conditions in the United States and selected international data. Use the Index pages to find topics and the corresponding table numbers.