Resources for studying business, management, economic, social, geographic, and political topics involving countries throughout the world.
Information on Specific Industries
Marketing and Advertising
Doing Business in. . .
- Start with the Country Commercial Guides at Export.gov.
- World Bank E-Library
View the "Doing Business" series of annual reports in this licensed database.
- DoingBusiness.org might provide some free information online or lead you to a list of publications for your country which focus on regulations.
- Use a web search engine (e.g. Google.com) to find similar reports or recent business information for a country. Search example: "Doing Business in" Thailand.
- The library may have some Doing Business in. . . publications for selected countries. Search Catalyst, the JHU Libraries' catalog, for these terms, your country or region, or resources on business culture or cross-cultural. These publications provide background and address regulations, barriers to entry, etiquette and other aspects.
- Identify additional Doing Business in. . . publications in WorldCat. Borrow them for free through your Interlibrary Loan account.