Resources for studying business, management, economic, social, geographic, and political topics involving countries throughout the world.
Search Catalyst (the library's online catalog) to find numerous print and e-books on marketing with an international focus.
Some Title or Subject searches:
- international marketing
- international market
- International business
- global market
- foreign trade
- export marketing
- International business enterprises -- marketing
- Marketing -- (specific country, region, or continent)
- Marketing research -- (subcategories followed by region, country or continent)
Information on Specific Industries
- Passport GMID (Euromonitor)Euromonitor's resource for industry, consumer, country, economic, and company information includes data and reports. Scope is national, global, or country-specific. Market share rankings are listed by company and brand. Licensed strictly for academic research.
- IBISWorldIBISWorld’s well-designed, in-depth market research reports provide intelligence on a wide range of U.S. and global industries and offer unique insight on China and specialized U.S. industries (i.e. advisory and financial services, franchises, life sciences, online retail, and technology).
- Mintel OxygenU.S. and international reports on consumer goods and services. Includes data on brands, products, and consumers. Licensed strictly for academic research.
- S&P Capital IQ NetAdvantageChoose the Markets tab to access in-depth U.S. and international industry reports.
- BCC ResearchBCC's market research reports concisely provide market intelligence, five-year forecasting, statistical and analytical data, key players, market share, industry structure and dynamics, technology trends and shifts, and the major developments of industrial, pharmaceutical, and high technology organizations. Among its 19 industry categories, areas of expertise include health care, advanced materials, high-tech systems and components, nanotechnology, and novel processing methods. Key analysts are available to address data-specific questions.
- Mergent Online by FTSE RussellIn-depth reports from Mergent analysts cover the major industries by region (North America, Asia-Pacific, and Europe).
- Export.govSearch by country and then industry.
- PAIS InternationalInternational industry overviews for specific markets
- Deloitte Industry ResourcesFree website, sponsored by the worldwide accounting firm, contains numerous reports, analyses, and predictions for a wide range of industries around the globe.
- Fitch Connect (formerly BMI Research)Country-specific and global industry reports and analysis, including country-specific business risk analysis.
Marketing and Advertising
- Luerzer's ArchiveArchive of international print and video ads
- Red BooksThe Advertiser Database contains rankings and exclusive information on over 15,500 U.S. and international advertisers who each spend more than $200,000 annually on advertising. Each company listing includes advertising expenditures by media, current agency, fiscal year-end and annual sales, contact information on key personnel, brand name, S.I.C. classifications and other key data. One can also match brands to brand owners in a separate tool. Database limited to two concurrent users.
- Passport GMIDEuromonitor's database contains country-specific advertising expenditures, demographic and consumer data, distribution channels, company and brand shares, company profiles, articles and industry briefings.
Doing Business in. . .
- Start with the Country Commercial Guides at Export.gov.
- World Bank E-Library
View the "Doing Business" series of annual reports in this licensed database.
- DoingBusiness.org might provide some free information online or lead you to a list of publications for your country which focus on regulations.
- Use a web search engine (e.g. Google.com) to find similar reports or recent business information for a country. Search example: "Doing Business in" Thailand.
- The library may have some Doing Business in. . . publications for selected countries. Search Catalyst, the JHU Libraries' catalog, for these terms, your country or region, or resources on business culture or cross-cultural. These publications provide background and address regulations, barriers to entry, etiquette and other aspects.
- Identify additional Doing Business in. . . publications in WorldCat. Borrow them for free through your Interlibrary Loan account.