- Email the JHU RefWorks support group
(Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm Eastern)
or (toll free) 800-521-0600 ext 74440
- RefWorks CHAT (Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm Eastern time)
- You must be logged in to this page to use chat
- Scroll down to REFWORKS on the right, and click it (if it says "available").
Chat can be used
Sharing Folders in New RefWorks
RefWorks allows users to share folders. Each user can view, annotate, or modify/add references, depending on the permissions given.
NOTE: You cannot share a New RefWorks folder with someone using Legacy (old) RefWorks. Before you share a folder, make sure that each person you'd like to include on the shared folder has logged into New RefWorks first to create an account.
NOTE: Refworks recommends that only one person at a time work on a shared folder. The program does not keep a record of any changes, and you can't see what anyone else has done; the page will just be reloaded with the latest change each time. Also, if other users don't want someone's change, you're stuck with it because there is no way to back to the last version of the entry.
To share a folder:
- highlight the folder you want to share, and click on the 3 dots next to the folder name
- choose "share folder"
- add email addresses of collaborators from anywhere, whether JHU or not
- choose permissions
Here is more information from the guide from Refworks itself.
You can also share entire Projects. Click the link above for information about that.