What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is an online citation manager that helps you keep track of citations to books, articles, and other documents.
It can also create properly formatted bibliographies, and insert citations into your documents.
- Refworks is free to all JHU users
- It is web-based, so doesn't need to be downloaded
- It is also available on all public computers in Eisenhower Library
- Information for JHU alumni
- NOTE: If you have started a paper in the Legacy (old) Refworks, you MUST FINISH it in Legacy. You cannot switch to the new Refworks in the middle.
- Download Microsoft Office 365 from JHU by logging into myjh.edu --> TECHNOLOGY --> Office 365:
- START with the bottom left of this page
- RefWorks's own guide about RefWorks , including videos for basic and advanced use
- More information about RefWorks and other citation managers is on this Welch Library guide
NOTE: As of July 1, 2021, "RefWorks Word add-ons, including RefWorks Citation Manager (RCM) and Write-n-Cite (WnC), will no longer support Windows 7 and 8. After that date, RCM and WnC usability with Windows 7 or 8 is expected to diminish over time."
---RCM and WnC will continue to support Windows 8.1 and Windows 10