Tips and tricks for using RefWorks to manage citations, create bibliographies, and share citations.
- Email the JHU RefWorks support group
(Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm Eastern)
or (toll free) 800-521-0600 ext 74440
- RefWorks CHAT (Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm Eastern time)
- You must be logged in to this page to use chat
- Scroll down to REFWORKS on the right, and click it (if it says "available").
Chat can be used
Thank you, SAIS Library
Are You Leaving Hopkins?
If you are leaving Hopkins, here are your options:
I don't need the information.
- Don't do anything. Your access and Information will disappear when your JHED account is terminated
I want to keep ONLY the information.
- You can export it to another citation manager
- To do this, logIn to your account and choose References - Export, then choose the method that you prefer
I want to keep my RefWorks account and the information in it.
RefWorks allows alumni of institutional members to keep their accounts forever, or until the institution cancels its RefWorks subscription. IMPORTANT: If your JHED ID has already expired, you need to contact RefWorks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your JHED ID has *not* yet expired, here is how to transition to an alumni account.
For users of LEGACY (OLD) RefWorks:
- Contact email@example.com to tell them that you want to keep your RefWorks account
- They will send you instructions about how to do it
For users of NEW RefWorks: you can transition to an alumni account yourself.
- Important: BEFORE your JHED and JHU student email accounts expire, change your email address in RefWorks to a non-JHU or a JHU alumni email address (firstname.lastname@example.org); it does not matter which option you choose
- Create an alternate password (if you have not done so already). From now on, instead of logging in to RefWorks through "log in through my institution," you will log in using your email address and alternate password.
I want to create a brand new RefWorks account.
For users of LEGACY (OLD) RefWorks: email email@example.com for instructions on how to create an account.
For users of NEW RefWorks:
- Activate your JHU alumni email address if you have not done so already (more information available through the alumni office)
- Then go to: https://refworks.proquest.com/signup/email/ to create your account using your JHU alumni email address