Biomedical Engineering and Design
Information specific to BME and BME/CBID design teams.
These three databases include medical-device-related business information:
- MarketResearch.com -- Current and archived market research reports about biotechnology, health care, pharmaceuticals, and other industries. Includes demographic reports for specific populations. (Important: The library's link will show reports whose full text we DO have. Google will show reports which we CANNOT obtain.)
- BCC Research -- BCC's market research reports give five-year forecasting, statistical and analytical data, key players, market share, technology trends, and more. Areas of expertise include health care, advanced materials, high-tech systems and components, nanotechnology, and novel processing methods.
- IBISWorld -- Gives information about the industry as a whole, including industry performance and outlook, statistics, products and markets, major companies, operating conditions, and more.
Business and marketing news can be found in several places.
- Newspapers and More -- The Newspapers list has the Wall Street Journal and many other choices
- Trade Journals and More -- Use the databases listed under "Core" on the Business list
- Use STAT Plus, a source of news in biotech, pharma, and other areas:
For STAT Plus, you will need to create an account:
- Use your JHU email address
- On the STAT Plus home page, choose “subscribe (as shown below)
- Once you log in, you stay logged in for 30 days
- AFTER 30 days, you will need to log in again
- If you are ON campus, use Hopkins wireless
- If you are OFF campus, log in using either my.jhu.edu or the Catalyst log in (My Account on the top right of the library home page)