Biomedical Engineering and Design
Statistics -- Where to Look
Our libraries' research guides have several pages with sources for statistics:
- Health statistics for everywhere (Business guide)
- Health-related statistics for the United States (Public Health guide)
- Health-related statistics for the world (Public Health guide)
- Statistics for health (Data and Statistics guide)
- Industry statistics (Business guide)
Definitions (from MeSH):
-- Incidence: "The number of new cases of a given disease during a given period in a specified population. It also is used for the rate at which new events occur in a defined population. It is differentiated from PREVALENCE, which refers to all cases, new or old, in the population at a given time."
-- Prevalence: "The total number of cases of a given disease in a specified population at a designated time. It is differentiated from INCIDENCE, which refers to the number of new cases in the population at a given time."