Logging On or Off
Access to the terminals is available to current JHU faculty, staff, and students only, using their JHU ID and password (JHED authentication).
- Log onto the Bloomberg terminal with your JHED authentication. Double-click on the Bloomberg and Excel icons.
- Press the <GO> (Enter) key. (First time user? Refer to the procedures to create an account.)
- Type your Bloomberg-specific login in the search line. Press <TAB>. Type your Bloomberg password. Press <GO>.
- Type MAIN and hit <GO> to raise the main menu. Choose your sector from there and follow the menu choices, or use the yellow sector keys and type Bloomberg's specific codes or shortcuts. Hit <GO>.
- Hit the red <Log Off> key to log out of Bloomberg.
- Log off of the terminal in the bottom right corner.
Creating Personal Accounts
Allow 5 to 10 minutes to register for a personal Bloomberg login and password through this procedure:
1. Double-click on the Bloomberg icon from the desktop. Hit the <GO> key.
2. Click on the "Create a new login" link.
3. Complete only the required fields. Type your name, JHU e-mail address, and cell phone number for both phones. Type "student" for your job. Choose and document your user ID. (Bloomberg may assign one if your desired ID is already in use.) Select your preferred contact method for receiving the validation code. Submit.
(Students will have personal log-ins but not profiles under Bloomberg’s policy.)
4. Retrieve your validation code and immediately type it in the box.
5. Create a password. Document it for your files.
6. Once your account is activated, log into Bloomberg to test it.
7. To log out of Bloomberg, hit the red <Log Off> key.
8. Log off the computer in the bottom right corner of your desktop.
Note: If you miss Bloomberg's call, you will get an e-mail to call and complete the validation process. Bloomberg automatically deletes invalidated requests after 5 days.