Bloomberg Market Concepts Certification Program
Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) is one of Bloomberg's self-paced, certification courses. It explores the foundations of our global financial system and economy while teaching you the most frequently used commands on the Bloomberg platform.
- Four core modules:
- Fixed Income
- Some modules take longer than others to complete. Allow 3 hours minimum for each, particularly Equities and Fixed Income.
- You do not need to complete the course in one session, but you must finish it before the expiration date posted in your BMC account or your graduation date, whichever comes first.
- Complete modules in any order and pause or resume at any time, after viewing the Introduction video first.
- Multiple quizzes and case studies throughout the course assess your understanding of the material.
- You will receive a certificate from Bloomberg upon successful completion of all required components. List it on your resume.
Outside of the certification course, your BMC account also provides access to these optional training modules.
- Getting Started with Bloomberg
- Equity Options
- Portfolio Management
Creating Your BMC Account
The BMC certification course is available through either of these paths. Choose only one.
- Campus Bloomberg terminals -- Within your Bloomberg terminal account, type BMC to create your BMC account and access the training. Use your Hopkins e-mail address only, if prompted. Please bring personal headphones to plug into the back of the keyboard.
- Your personal computer -- Contact email@example.com for instructions.
Other Certification Courses
For additional certification courses from Bloomberg, type BREC in your Bloomberg terminal account.