Bloomberg Market Concepts Certification Program
Bloomberg’s self-paced, certification course, called Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC), explores the foundations of our global financial system and economy while teaching you the most frequently used commands on the Bloomberg platform.
- Four core modules:
- Fixed Income
- Some modules take longer than others to complete. Allow 3 hours minimum for each, particularly Equities and Fixed Income.
- This is a self-paced course. You do not need to complete it in one session. You can save your work and resume at another time, but you must complete the course before the expiration date posted in your BMC account or your graduation date, whichever comes first.
- Complete modules in any order and pause or resume at any time, after viewing the Introduction video first.
- Multiple quizzes and case studies throughout the course assess your understanding of the material.
- You will receive a certificate from Bloomberg upon successful completion of all required components. List it on your resume.
Outside of the certification course, your BMC account also provides access to these optional training modules.
- Getting Started with Bloomberg
- Equity Options
- Portfolio Management
Creating Your BMC Account
The BMC certification course is available through either of these paths. Choose only one.
- Campus Bloomberg terminals -- Within your Bloomberg terminal account, type BMC to create your BMC account and access the training. Use your Hopkins e-mail address only, if prompted. Please bring personal headphones to plug into the terminal or keyboard.
- Your personal computer -- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.