Bloomberg Self-paced Certification Programs
To learn more about these Bloomberg certification programs or other courses, type BCER in your Bloomberg terminal account.
- Bloomberg Markets Concepts
- Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG)
Optional Self-Paced Training Courses
Outside of the certification courses, Bloomberg offers optional training modules.
- Getting Started with Bloomberg
- Equity Options
- Portfolio Management
The certification courses are available through either of these paths. Choose only one.
- Campus Bloomberg terminals -- Within your Bloomberg terminal account, type BMC to create your BMC account and access the training. Use your Hopkins e-mail address only, if prompted. Please bring personal headphones to plug into the back of the keyboard.
- Your personal computer (Ideal method) -- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Bloomberg Market Concepts Certification Program
Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) is one of Bloomberg's self-paced, certification courses. It explores the foundations of our global financial system and economy while teaching you the most frequently used commands on the Bloomberg platform.
- Four core modules:
- Fixed Income
- Some modules take longer than others to complete. Allow 3 hours minimum for each, particularly Equities and Fixed Income.
- You do not need to complete the course in one session, but you must finish it before the expiration date posted in your BMC account or your graduation date, whichever comes first.
- Complete modules in any order and pause or resume at any time, after viewing the Introduction video first.
- Multiple quizzes and case studies throughout the course assess your understanding of the material.
- You will receive a certificate from Bloomberg upon successful completion of all required components. List it on your resume.