Bloomberg Market Concepts Certification Program
Bloomberg’s self-paced, certification course, called Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC), explores the foundations of our global financial system and economy while teaching you the most frequently used commands on the Bloomberg platform.
- Four core modules:
- Fixed Income
- Some modules take longer than others to complete. Allow 3 hours minimum for each, particularly Equities and Fixed Income.
- This is a self-paced course. You do not need to complete it in one session. You can save your work and resume at another time, but you must complete the course before the expiration date posted in your BMC account or your graduation date, whichever comes first.
- Complete modules in any order and pause or resume at any time, after viewing the Introduction video first.
- Multiple quizzes and case studies throughout the course assess your understanding of the material.
- You will receive a certificate from Bloomberg upon successful completion of all required components. List it on your resume.
Outside of the certification course, your BMC account also provides access to these optional training modules.
- Getting Started with Bloomberg
- Equity Options
- Portfolio Management
BMC Accounts for Faculty, Staff and Students:
- The BMC course is freely available through your Bloomberg terminal account or Bloomberg for Education account. If you reside outside of the United States, access to the websites will depend on your government's restrictions, which vary by country. Try logging into the Hopkins virtual private network (VPN) before registering for or accessing an account, if you experience problems.
**For Johns Hopkins Students Living in China** Access will be unavailable for new users, unless you can log into the university's virtual private network (VPN) before registering for or accessing Bloomberg accounts. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are an existing Bloomberg user with an expired Bloomberg terminal account.
- Refer to the Virtual Terminal page for registration steps to take this course or additional modules for free through your "Bloomberg for Education" account online or the Bloomberg terminal account. Your Johns Hopkins e-mail address will be required for free access.
- Within the terminal, type BMC or BU to create your BMC account and access the training. Use your Hopkins e-mail address, if prompted.