Instructions and tips for getting started on the Bloomberg Professional terminals for research in business, finance, real estate and economics.
Bloomberg Analyst Help Desk
For assistance from the Bloomberg Analyst Help Desk, click on the Live Help link or press the green HELP key twice. You should receive a reply by e-mail within 24 hours.
To access your Help Message log, type HDSK and hit <GO>.
Bloomberg Guides and Tutorials
- Type BPS and hit <GO>, or type BU and click on Marketing Materials, to access Bloomberg's Getting Starting guide, search guides, and topic-specific cheat sheets. Click Download to view the document. Choose the print command within Adobe to obtain a hard copy.
- Register for free training seminars or webinars through SMNR.
- Refer to the Certification Program link on this web guide for details on the Bloomberg Markets Concepts (BMC) course.
- Bring personal earphones to listen to tutorials, or borrow a set of headphones through the library. At the Eisenhower Library, connect your headphones to the keyboard. At Harbor East, connect them to the computer.
- Type MENU and hit <GO> or Enter for Bloomberg's main menu.
- Use keyword searching to search for your topic. Choose from the menu.
- Use function codes and the F# keys to develop search strings.
- Type BPS or Bloomberg University <BU> to access training tools.
- From any Bloomberg screen, hit <HELP> once for details about the displayed content.
- Within specific screens, click on the numerical items or on data points to access more detailed information.