Instructions and tips for getting started on the Bloomberg Professional terminals for research in business, finance, real estate and economics.
Bloomberg Analyst Help Desk
For assistance from the Bloomberg Analyst Help Desk, click on the Live Help link or press the green HELP key twice. You should receive a reply by e-mail within 24 hours.
To access your Help Message log, type HDSK and hit <GO>.
Bloomberg Guides and Tutorials
- Type BPS and hit <GO>, or type BU and click on Marketing Materials, to access Bloomberg's Getting Starting guide, search guides, and topic-specific cheat sheets. Click Download to view the document. Choose the print command within Adobe to obtain a hard copy.
- Register for free training seminars or webinars through BU.
- Refer to the Certification Program link on this web guide for details on the Bloomberg Markets Concepts (BMC) course.
- Bring personal earphones to listen to tutorials, or borrow a set of headphones through the library. At the Eisenhower Library, connect your headphones to the keyboard. At Harbor East, connect them to the computer.
- Type MAIN and hit <GO> to access Bloomberg's main menu. Choose Bloomberg University <BU> to access training tools, or choose the keyword search function to search for your topic.
- From any Bloomberg screen, hit <HELP> once for details about the displayed content. Right-click with your mouse on particular content for more options or information on methodology.
- Within specific screens, click on the numbers to access more detailed information.