Instructions and tips for getting started on the Bloomberg Professional terminals for research in business, finance, real estate and economics.
- Log into your account monthly to keep it active. If your account expires, call Bloomberg Support at 1-212-318-2000 and ask to "reinstate your login."
- For problems with account creation, access or functionality,
- Call Bloomberg's 24/7 customer support number at 1-212-318-2000.
- Contact the business librarians' e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bloomberg Analyst Help Desk
To send a question to the Bloomberg Analyst Help Desk, click on the Live Help link or press the green HELP key twice. You should receive a reply by e-mail within 24 hours.
To access your Help Message log, type HDSK and hit <GO>.
Bloomberg Guides and Tutorials
- Type BPS and hit <GO>, or type BU and click on Marketing Materials, to access Bloomberg's Getting Starting guide, search guides, and topic-specific cheat sheets. Click Download to view the document. Choose the print command within Adobe to obtain a hard copy.
- Register for or view free training seminars or webinars through SMNR.
- Refer to the Certification Program link on this web guide for details on the Bloomberg Markets Concepts (BMC) course.
- Bring personal earphones to listen to tutorials, or borrow a set of headphones through the library. At the Eisenhower Library, connect your headphones to the keyboard. At Harbor East, connect them to the computer.
- Type MENU and hit <GO> or Enter for Bloomberg's main menu.
- Use keyword searching to search for your topic. Choose from the menu.
- Use function codes and the F# keys to develop search strings.
- Type BPS or Bloomberg University <BU> to access training tools and cheat sheets by asset class.
- From any Bloomberg screen, hit <HELP> once for details about the displayed content.
- Within specific screens, click on the numerical items or on data points to access more detailed information.