Find Articles in Journals, Magazines, Etc.
Search within the three core business article databases instead for more refined searching. Go to Online Resources to see all of the business-related databases.
Search for a specific journal:
In addition to core article databases from Proquest and EBSCO, these resources track how often a scholarly article was cited by other authors within the pool of papers indexed in that database. Use a combination of resources for more comprehensive coverage.
- Key Business Newspaper Databases
- News Wires
- News Transcripts, Video Archives
- Other JHU-Subscribed Resources
News wires through Lexis-Nexis Academic and the Bloomberg Financial Service provide the most timely information on a company or topic. Bloomberg news feeds are often the sources for published news articles.
Other databases also provide news wires and current articles on a company or industry.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic
- Economist Intelligence Unit
- Mergent Online
- Standard and Poor's Netadvantage
- Value Line Investment Survey
- Mintel (JHU users initially must set up a Mintel profile (their JHU email address) and a password through this link from a campus computer before accessing remotely.)
- MarketLine Advantage
Lexis-Nexis Academic provides transcripts of news shows, which contain interviews and discussions about business, economics, and other hot topics.
Vanderbilt Television News Archive offers an extensive and complete archive of television news broadcasts of the national networks since August 5, 1968. It is useful for interviews, speeches and news on government, political, economic and business topics.