Public Opinion Databases
Polling the Nations
A compilation of questions and responses from more than 12,000 national, state, local and special surveys, conducted by 700 polling organizations in the United States and 70 other countries from 1986 through the present. Each record in the database consists of one poll question and the participants' answers. Only 4 simultaneous users can access Polling the Nations.
Roper Center for Public Opinion Research and iPOLL
Click on the iPOLL link to search for and view individual survey poll questions and answers. There also is a ready list of "hot topics" that link to survey questions on current controversial issues.
Pew Research Center
The Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan "fact tank" that provides information on the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. It does not take positions on policy issues. See "The Databank" menu or the "Projects of the Center" section to view statistics and download data.
- Consumer Reports (magazine)Access full-image content from this popular, consumer ratings magazine in EBSCOhost Masterfile Premier database. In addition to input from its own panel, reviews and rankings or ratings are based on the annual survey responses from subscribers.
- MintelU.S. reports, news and analysis on consumer goods and services. Includes information on brands, products, and consumers' lifestyles and preferences. Licensed strictly for academic research.
- SimplyAnalyticsThis web-based mapping and data analysis software makes it easy to create professional-quality thematic maps and reports using extensive demographic, business and marketing data. Use the Simmons Data package for lifestyle and consumer information. 5 concurrent users at a time are allowed. Please log out when you are finished.
- Social ExplorerAn online research tool designed to provide quick and easy access to current and historical census data and demographic information. Create custom tables and maps from the very first Decennial Census to the latest Census, the American Community Survey, and the Religious Congregations and Membership Study.
- Data PlanetData Planet's repository of standardized and structured statistical data from numerous sources is easily accessible. Display data as charts, tables, maps, and graphs. Explore EASI Analytics and EASI Market Planner for consumer and lifestyle information.
- American Community SurveyThe American Community Survey (ACS) is a nationwide survey designed to provide communities a fresh look at how they are changing. It is a critical element in the Census Bureau's re-engineered decennial census program. The ACS collects and produces population and housing information every year instead of every ten years. This resource is also easily accessible through the Social Explorer database.