Quick Movie Search
Find Films by Topic
Search the libraries' catalog, Catalyst, for DVDs, videos and other physical multi-media materials below.
Search within these videostreaming collections or Catalyst to obtain instantaneous, online access to films related to business, management, finance, marketing, information technology, economics, career planning and other topics. The library's course readings service can configure links to desired films, segments or clips to embed in your course sites.
Swank Digital Campus: Feature Films for Instruction
Consider Swank's Digital Campus videostreaming collection to show feature films in your classroom or online course. "The Insider" and "Twelve O'Clock High" are two popular titles used.
Follow these steps to place requests:
- Go to the Digital Campus website. Use the keyword search box or the topic guides to identify available titles.
- If you find an appropriate title, contact your business librarians (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your request. The business librarians will evaluate each request individually. Candidates for consideration are titles used by multiple sections of a course, with more than one instructor, at more than one campus.
- After weighing the pros and cons of a streaming license versus other means of availability, the librarians will coordinate the arrangements on your behalf.
Viewing Business DVDs
Business "reference" films are non-circulating due to their high cost, high demand, and shared use by multiple JHU campuses. Individuals may view them in the Eisenhower Library's Audio-Visual Center. Instructors have these options for previewing or classroom use.
Options for Faculty:
- Reserve an Audio-Visual viewing room in the Eisenhower Library for your class.
- Through your campus librarian or the course reserves service, request a film for classroom viewing at a Johns Hopkins campus on a particular date. Films are checked out to the center libraries for a two-week period to accommodate the show date and transportation to and from the center. Please make arrangements several weeks ahead to ensure availability by the desired date.
- Faculty who enter the Eisenhower Library, the Harbor East Library, or the Washington Libraries can check out a film for three days for course planning purposes or classroom use at another Johns Hopkins campus.